• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with interpreting Lyme and HHV6 titers!

ChookityPop

Need help interpreting these results. I have high hhv6 titers?!

EED6EBEB-C8BF-4CDB-BF5F-5788B43D5D53.jpeg
16A763FA-A6DD-49AA-A4AD-DB1BCD12448F.jpeg

I can not speak for the lyme, but it appears as if you dont have EBV. You have had HHV-6 in the past, but that is expected as ~99% of people have had it at some point.

To put it simply:

IgG = antibodies from a past infection
IgM = antibodies from a recent/acute infection

You are negative for those two infections. However, as I mentioned I am not keen on reading the lyme/first page.

ChookityPop

I can not speak for the lyme, but it appears as if you dont have EBV. You have had HHV-6 in the past, but that is expected as ~99% of people have had it at some point.

To put it simply:

IgG = antibodies from a past infection
IgM = antibodies from a recent/acute infection

You are negative for those two infections. However, as I mentioned I am not keen on reading the lyme/first page.

I know about the igm and igg. But I know ME doctors interpret titers differently. Like if you have significantly elevated igg and or the igg titers increases on the retest etc. just wonder if my igg titers looks high.

I know about the igm and igg. But I know ME doctors interpret titers differently. Like if you have significantly elevated igg and or the igg titers increases on the retest etc. just wonder if my igg titers looks high.

The HHV-6 ones do look high. x10 the reference value is significant. Might be worth asking about and keeping an eye on. If it continues to go up you will likely want to start anti-viral therapy as I had to do for EBV.

ChookityPop

Thats what I thought as well. I know they often say 16 times the ref range is considered an persistent infection etc.

I will monitor it. What anti viral did you use for ebv? And did you benefit?

Well, I just started a few months ago on Valtrex and so far I have seen some strength come back. The other day for the first time since June I walked 3 steps without holding onto anything and I didn't lose my balance either. I feel like I have a little more energy, but my onset was only this March. It can take up to 6 months to notice any difference depending on how long you have had a persistent infection.

ChookityPop

Well, I just started a few months ago on Valtrex and so far I have seen some strength come back. The other day for the first time since June I walked 3 steps without holding onto anything and I didn't lose my balance either. I feel like I have a little more energy, but my onset was only this March. It can take up to 6 months to notice any difference depending on how long you have had a persistent infection.
Hope you continue to improve! what dose are you taking? 1g 3 times a day?