• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart palpitations

anni66

mum to ME daughter
My aunt is severely affected and had horrendous issues with heart palpitations. Twice ended up in A&E but nothing found.

Magnesium injections have helped .

BeADocToGoTo1

@HABS93 What is amino acid therapy? Curious to find out more please :)

If you are lacking in amino acids and certain cofactors (e.g. minerals, vitamins), your body has a tough time producing neurotransmitters and can cause pain, depression, sleep disorders, etc. By testing for and taking specific amino acids, vitamins and minerals to help the body's metabolic pathways that produce neurotransmitters it can help with those symptoms. A couple of examples to help your search:

Tryptophan. An essential amino acid needed to produce serotonin, which in turn is used to produce melatonin. It cannot be produced by animals and must come from food. 5-HTP as well as an amino acid multi supplement helped me with depression.

Tyrosine. An amino acid needed to produce dopamine, which in turn is needed to produce norepinephrine. Neuro Balance, a supplement with tyrosine and vitamins B1, B2, and B6, helped me with fatigue, feelings of apathy, loss of life-joy, and the what’s-the-point thoughts.

GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid), taurine, inositol, and glycine. They can all help your body naturally produce more of the calming neurotransmitters.

Strawberry

One quick input. I found out after 30 years of palpitations that I have MCAS (mast cell activation) and my palpitations went away when I eliminated food coloring from my diet. Calcium channel blockers also reduced mine, but that is for high blood pressure.

I haven't read enough of your posts to know how much you have cleaned your diet, but I have found I can eat 10 M&Ms or skittles, but not 20. But that is after being treated for 3 years for my MCAS...

Just two cents!

grapes

ABOUT HEART PALPS: I had a serious PEM crash starting 4 1/2 days ago in the early evening after doing WAY too much. The next day, I failed to think about starting CoQ10. It was stupid of me.

I then started high dose ubiquinol on the second full day after my crash, getting close to 3000 mg. It helped by 2pm, but the fatigue returned by late afternoon and evening.

Yesterday, the high dose ubiquinol kicked in faster and lasted most of the day....until yesterday evening...my fatigue was coming back.

THEN came hard palps last night around 3 am which woke me up! Huh? I got up and ate a small amount of cottage cheese for the sodium, calcium and potassium, plus squeezed out the ubiquinol liquid in three 100 mg. soft caps. It didn't help enough. But as long as I laid quite still, I could control the palps better. Changing positions brought them back.

Now it's mid-morning on the 4th full day of the crash and the palps are still with me. I've been drinking plenty of liquids, started again on my high dose ubiquinol, and took 400 mg of magnesium. Will continue on all that. But does anybody know why palps like this with PEM?? Never had them before with my crashes.