• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart palpitations due to picc line?? Emergency?

frozenborderline

it's the spike protein causing all the trouble (for some normal people and some ME patients) then there may not be that much difference between the two vaccine types.

However, the protein-subunit vaccine delivers a bolus of pre-formed spike protein. I don't know, but this may be a bigger load compared with what I presume is a slower prolonged manufacture of spike proteins (mRNA vaccines). In which case, it may be that the older technology is worse for the at-risk patient.
I think that it's a smaller amount of spike proteins bc the mrna gives instructions to cells to manufacture it and it's notan exact amount but someone did the math and it's far less than the ones in novavax being directly given already formed. Moderna has had the most mrna material and the worst anecdotes. J and j is an enigma to me but still a tech that hasn't been used in vaccines on the market. Pfizer is what an mcas doctor suggested to me and seems to have less awful anecdotes but I'd still be more comfy with novavax. It may get to the point where I get the first shot for pfizer and just use novavax for second shot or start over if I csnt mix and match