• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

has a corsage / abdominal binder helped you?

Pearshaped

I'm toying with the idea to purchase a corsage since i have a feeling that could be a bit of help re O.I.and POTS.

it looks like a corsage should put on more
pressure than an abdominal binder and oddly enough,where i live a corsage is even easier to find as a simple binder.
Has anyone tried this?

I am also interested what experiences you made with abdominal binders in general.

Seven7

Seven
Is supposed to but Makes me feeel extremely sick ( I have colitis so might be why is bad for me)

sb4

Helps a little with back pain / posture. Not noticed anything too significant POTS wise but I have read a study suggesting abdominal compression was most effective at preventing blood pooling.

Pearshaped

someone brought me an abdominal binder but as expected, it seems it puts too little pressure to help.

I really d like to find something which makes me able to sit in a chair for half an hour.. at least on christmas.
if someone has tried a corsage please please let me know if it has helped or not.