• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair vs Urine test for metals

OkRadLakPok

I had the 24 hour urine which showed extreme arsenic levels and high mercury and aluminium. There were others, but these were the highest.

How accurate do you all feel the urine is compared to the hair?

I understand the hair shows longer term exposure----however it MAY be showing environmental stuff , too? Whereas urine is what is IN your body, but just AT THAT VERY TIME?

I am due for another in 3 weeks. Urine is first choice, but I may change that depending on feedback.

Thanks!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Have you ever had a hair test? It might be interesting to do one to see how it compares to the urine test. Then again, it is difficult to compare tests taken at different times. Do not do a hair test if you use any kind of medicated shampoo or have colored hair or a permanent (does anybody do that anymore?).