• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut

Hi, in January I ingested something toxic at Starbucks which has caused me to be really unwell. I have a number of symptoms including and in the last couple of weeks I have contracted shingles.

It has felt like my stomach has been on fire and I wondered if anybody has used gentle healing products for the gut. At the moment, anything that I put into it i.e. food or supplements make the pain worse

ljimbo423

Hi, in January I ingested something toxic at Starbucks which has caused me to be really unwell. I have a number of symptoms including and in the last couple of weeks I have contracted shingles.

It has felt like my stomach has been on fire and I wondered if anybody has used gentle healing products for the gut. At the moment, anything that I put into it i.e. food or supplements make the pain worse

Marshmallow root might help. It's suppose to be really good for the gut, especially inflammation.

8. It may help repair gut lining

Marshmallow root may help soothe irritation and inflammation in the digestive tract.

An in vitro study from 2010 found that aqueous extracts and polysaccharides from marshmallow root can be used to treat irritated mucous membranes. Research suggests that the mucilage content creates a protective layer of tissue on the lining of the digestive tract. Marshmallow root may also stimulate the cells that support tissue regeneration.

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/marshmallow-root#digestive-tract