• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova NutrEval - help!

Sarah94

We've ordered a Genova NutrEval for me - the plasma version, so bloods and urine. I've just found out that you're supposed to limit your fluid intake to 1.9 litres (64 ounces) in the 24 hours preceding the test. This is literally impossible for me. I *need* to drink much more water than that, every day. Especially since my veins won't show up for the blood draw unless I drink at least a litre of water two hours before the test! Mum is going to phone our dietician tomorrow to ask about this. But I'm posting here in the meantime because I'm worried. I think the NutrEval test would be really helpful for me, but now I'm worried that the results may be inaccurate due to drinking 'too much' water!

bertiedog

I also order tests from Genova and I think that it is a guideline rather than essential AS LONG AS YOU STATE AS EXACTLY AS POSSIBLE the amount of fluid taken the day before the test otherwise the results will be inaccurate. There is usually a box on the form where further information can be given.

I have just sent off a 24 hour urine test for Complete Hormones for Women and it definitely states on there how much urine had been collected over 24 hours. In your case obviously it would be the amount of fluid drunk in the 24 hours.

BTW Because I have Practitioner status I can order any of the Genova UK tests and I pass the rate that I get onto anybody who lives in the UK as I know the tests are quite expensive and I try and help where I can.

Pam