• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF capsules

junkcrap50

Total cost 61,000 JPY for GcMAF capsules = 420,54 USD , how can anyone afford this ? Do GcMAF really help for health of fibromyalgic people like me ? Anyone have already tried ? Do it really give a great help ?

https://www.saisei-mirai.jp/gcmaf/x-series/oral-colostrum-maf-60-capsules/
Required products
M-Protein (2.5ml High Dose GcMAF)
48,000 JPY

any other place where it's cheaper maybe

thanks.
There is sort of a saga about GcMAF with regards to products. You will have to read & search on Phoenix Rising to find out more about it. Perhaps someone who had success with GcMAF will comment and explain it more. But there's a lot of past posts to read about it.

The story as I understand is as follows. At first, there was only one source of GcMAF, from Japan, from a single manufacturer. That GcMAF had helped some people & was effective. It was by injection or IV only. Quickly then, multiple other manufacturers started to make GcMAF products, which either wasn't as effective or didn't help people as much. It was sold as pills, creams, injections. So for time, you had to make sure you get the "right" GcMAF, which wasn't entirely straightforward. The original manfucturer was forced to shut down. Also happening was some claims of "better" GcMAF by making it as a yogurt, then "better" version of the yogurt (Bravo, Rerum, etc.), but never contained any GcMAF. So you had a bunch of GcMAF products which differen't people claimed helped or did nothing, some of whom noticed benifits on "real" GcMAF & could compare. Many of the companies did not last long & the products seemed sketchy. Patients that drastically improved or felt better on some version of GcMAF went to great lengths to try & find the "real" stuff to relive the experience, but it's my understanding that most of those patients do not believe the GcMAF out there is the same stuff as the original. So, I don't think any "real" GcMAF is out there as it's pretty much illegal everywhere. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but it'd cost a lot of money to testing each one.

@serg1942 might be able to provide more insight. If you search some of his posts, you'll see he dramatically improved or even cured using GcMAF but did not sustain those benefits without taking it. He is very "personally invested" in GcMAF & had researched it heavily. @Sushi I believe also had some benefits with GcMAF.

serg1942

Total cost 61,000 JPY for GcMAF capsules = 420,54 USD , how can anyone afford this ? Do GcMAF really help for health of fibromyalgic people like me ? Anyone have already tried ? Do it really give a great help ?

https://www.saisei-mirai.jp/gcmaf/x-series/oral-colostrum-maf-60-capsules/
Required products
M-Protein (2.5ml High Dose GcMAF)
48,000 JPY

any other place where it's cheaper maybe

thanks.
Oral GcMAF hasn't shown to work in any study. The GcMAF protein is too large to be absorbed intact, so it needs to be injected. For me, it only works IV but for some SC also works, so perhaps higher doses could be effective.

I tried IV GcMAF from Saisei Mirai, and it had minimal impact. The bottle contained yellow serum with the sticky layer often formed when separating serum from whole blood. It's doubtful this was GcMAF, as using the required enzymes for such serum quantities is just absurd. Perhaps they do gcmaf and then they add serum? Who knows... Healthy serum has shown efficacy for certain diseases, though.

They claim their GcMAF is second generation. Even if we believe that they indeed do this, it means they don't isolate the Gc protein from serum to create GcMAF. Also, according to their publications, they don't use the Gc 1F/1F phenotype, which could affect GcMAF's efficacy based on my opinion and experience.

Regarding oral administration, perhaps it works in the gut and has a systemic effect from there, but given that even SC is not as effective, I doubt it's nearly as potent as properly isolated GcMAF made from the Gc1f phenotype.

I'm sorry; I don't know where to currently obtain this type of GcMAF. :(

There are individuals obtaining what could potentially be genuine second-generation GcMAF from non-legal sources. I can't recommend this practice, obviously.

In case you might be interested in an alternative, Salicinium might work similarly to GcMAF by lowering Nagalase levels. While there are no peer-reviewed studies, some patients report positive results in lowering Nagalase and boosting the immune system. Animal and in vitro assays are encouraging. Salicinium is expensive at high doses; perhaps you might need low doses though...

I'm going to try the herb helicid instead, as it's likely one of the main herbs in the salicinium bottle. We'll see if it has a similar effect to good GcMAF!

I hope this is helpful!