• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

full moons

Wolfcub

There is a lot of old lore about connection between health issues and the phases of the Moon.
Traditionally the waxing Moon was worst for bleeding disorders....etc (well, that's how the lore goes, and I have seen instances myself of certain things worsening with a waxing/full Moon.)

Personally the fuller the Moon gets the easier I generally feel. I may be an anomaly....no idea.

geraldt52

I battle insomnia constantly, but it is most definitely worse around the full moon. I made the connection years ago, and it has been consistent ever since. Apparently our "connection" to the phases of the moon goes back to our hunter/gatherer days when the presence or absence of nighttime light made a big difference. It only makes sense that we are still affected in ways known and unknown.

Archie

I have insomnia issues and usually or many times it gets worse with full moons . What about combined Sun+Moon gravitional pull, does that effect even more ?

94579-004-2DF826EC.jpg

Human body also have quite a lot water , does the gravitional pull force cause tiny pull effect on our body also ?. Wolfs howl`s allways at full moon :nervous:

jesse's mom

My cycle came on the full moon for years and years.
I remember the my old friends in the Police Dept used to say people did more crazy things. They were so busy during a full moon, they would put an extra unit on the schedule to deal with it.

Growing up in Louisiana, the tale was that if you saw a blood moon, company was coming.

I know the one on Monday 1/2019 is called Super Blood Full Moon
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA4Mi8yNDMvb3JpZ2luYWwvdG90YWwtbHVuYXItZWNsaXBzZS1pbGx1c3RyYXRpb24uanBnPzE1NDc2OTAzNDY=

there is a really interesting article and a video all about it here:
https://www.space.com/43031-super-blood-wolf-moon-eclipse-2019-teach-kids.html

HOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL:jaw-drop:;)

YippeeKi YOW !!

full moons make my stuff soooo much more intense....is anyone else head off the charts?
Yes !!! Absolutely yesssss !!! Head achey, thick, clogged, severe brain fog .... stumbling zombie effect since night before last.

Personally the fuller the Moon gets the easier I generally feel. I may be an anomaly....no idea.
It may have something to do with your birth chart, and where the moon is in it, and what aspects it makes t other planets. A good astrologer, and believe me, while there seems to be one on every corner, the good ones are hard to find, would be able to figure that out easily, along with which phases of the moon will be good for you and which you need to pull back during.

Apparently our "connection" to the phases of the moon goes back to our hunter/gatherer days when the presence or absence of nighttime light made a big difference.
Mostly to hunters, who needed the light to find their prey, track it, and kill it. But they also were able to put two and two togther over time and discovered that certain plants used for medicinal or healing purposes were stronger and more effective if harvested at various different stages of the moon and times of the day .....

Human body also have quite a lot water , does the gravitional pull force cause tiny pull effect on our body also ?
Science, of course, pooh poohs this, saying that the comparatively tiny amount of water in our bodies was too small to react to the pull of the moon one way or another. I tend to disagree, tho I can't cite any reliable sources, mostly personal observation.

I remember the my old friends in the Police Dept used to say people did more crazy things. They were so busy during a full moon, they would put an extra unit on the schedule to deal with it.
This is NOT folklore ..... my department friends say the same thing, and dread full moons, and say that sometimes new moons can be just as bad. Both phases are strongly energetic and disruptive, depending on the sign they occur in and what else is going on in the sky at the same time.

And remember that the word 'lunacy' comes from the Latin/Roman word for moon, luna.

This full moon (full moons always happen when the sun and moon are in opposition to each other, in directly opposing signs .... in this case those signs each rule one or the other) is straddling Cancer and just barely into Leo (2/3 of a degree), so it's going to have various somewhat paradoxical effects. Cancer is the sign that rules the moon, so draw your own conclusions there, and Leo is ruled by the Sun. Interesting combo. Two polar opposites, ruled by two polar opposites. What could possibly go wrong?

Cancer rules the breasts, the stomach, and the solar plexus. Leo rules the heart and spine. So if you were born early in Leo, say July 22-24 or 25, or its opposite sign, Aquarius, about Jan 21-24, you should feel it's effects. Ditto if you were born late in Cancer, about July 19, 20, 21 or late in Capricorn, Jan 17, 18, or 19.

And that's pretty much all I can dredge up from fractured memory, and that took about just under an hour to drag to the surface.:bang-head::bang-head::bang-head: I hate brain-dead.

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Yes !!! Absolutely yesssss !!! Head achey, thick, clogged, severe brain fog .... stumbling zombie effect since night before last.

It may have something to do with your birth chart, and where the moon is in it, and what aspects it makes t other planets. A good astrologer, and believe me, while there seems to be one on every corner, the good ones are hard to find, would be able to figure that out easily, along with which phases of the moon will be good for you and which you need to ull back during.

Mostly to hunters, who needed the light to find their prey, track it, and kill it. But they also were able to put two and two togther over time and discovered that certain plants used for medicinal or healing purposes were stronger and more effective if harvested at various different stages of the moon and times of the day .....

Science, of course, pooh poohs this saying that the comparatively tiny amount of water in our bodies was too small to react to the pull of the moon one way or another. I tend to disagree, tho I can't cite any reliable sources, mostly personal observation.

This is NOT folklore ..... my department friends say the same thing, and dread full moons, and say that sometimes new moons can be just as bad. Both phases are strongly energetic and disruptive, depending on the sign they occur in and what else is going on in the sky at the same time.

And remember that the word 'lunacy' comes from the Latin/Roman word for moon, luna.

This full moon (full moons always happen when the sun and moon are in opposition to each other, in directly opposing signs .... in this case those signs each rule one or the other) is straddling Cancer and just barely into Leo (2/3 of a degree), so it's going to have various somewhat paradoxical effects. Cancer is the sign that rules the moon, so draw your own conclusions there, and Leo is ruled by the Sun. Interesting combo. Two polar opposites. Cancer rules the breasts, the stomach, and the solar plexus. Leo rules the heart and spine. So if you were born early in Leo, say July 22-24 or 25, or its opposite sign, Aquarius, about Jan 21-24, you should feel it's effects. Ditto if you were born late in Cancer, about July 19, 20, 21 or late in Capricorn, Jan 17, 18, or 19.

And that's pretty much all I can dredge up from fractured memory, and that took about just under an hour to drag to the surface.:bang-head::bang-head::bang-head: I hate brain-dead.

Sorry you are feeling like this. I was like that last week but coming out of it I think now.
Wow....astrology....I can not wrap my head around it. But respect those who can!
But I DO know I have the Moon opposite to my Sun (in birth chart) As I was born at the full Moon.

And....I know a dog called Luna. A beautiful chocolate Pointer. She apparently will not come inside when the Moon is full, and literally sits and howls at it ! :rofl:

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Wolfcub
But I DO know I have the Moon opposite to my Sun (in birth chart) As I was born at the full Moon.
Well, that might explain it ..... it's an energy that you're used to dealing with and it may energize your chart positively, unlike the rest of us poor souls who just get twitchy and achy and weird and tired .....

And....I know a dog called Luna
Please tell me she's not a Cancer .....:D :hug: