• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From zero to hero thread

Martial

LDN thoughts.

_immediately worse brain fog
-stary, zombified ied tiredness
- worse sleep
- mild constipated
- weird feeling in body

Hasn't at all increased my PEM threshold and doesn't appear to be reducing inflammation.

I've just crashed after the placebo effect has worn of.

I've realised LDN doesn't work for PEM, most likely because PEM is mitochondrial insufficiency becoming evident in exertion.. I thought this method may be driven by inflammation but given that my swollen fingers have improved but yet my PEM threshold is the same, my insomnia is rge same and my fatigue is actually worse it tells me that inflammation isn't the main driver of my symptoms.

CHRONIC infection (or perhaps the neurotoxins from the infection) directly damaging the cells which render them incapable if replenishing mitochondria and creates rge deficit.. Only way to improve us to get the infection out!!

Starting ozone next week and looking into thymosin alpha 1 for my T cells... LDN seems like a crappy way to modulate the immune system, will just go straight after the T cells with TA1 instead..
This disease is bullshit.. I mean, imagine ever thinking that you'd be "disabled" because your body can't make its own energy... Fucking retarded! How in all the millions of years of evulotion did such an inefficient way of dealing with infection develop? It's absolutely unreal.. I'm still reeling from the realisations that I'm totally fucked and that my body isn't coming to save me, infact no supplement, drugs or treatment are either... This experiment was a hard hitting truth.. I thought LDN would give me some of my life back, its done absolutely nothing...

On to the next..

10 months to go to beat this before 2 year mark, so far I've not seen any natural or sustainable improvement that isn't being propped up by a very expensive supplement regime..

I can't and will not live like this

A lot of M.E. CFS patients have CCI, Chiari issues which can immediately resolve all symptoms and cure them if this is an underlying issue for them. And it can happen from EDS, injury, or infectious diseases. Might be worth looking into for yourself. Although this in particular wouldn't cause joint swelling. The infectious cause of that symptom could also have caused damage or swelling that leads to development of CCI. So worth looking into that as well.