• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Four members from the "Afflicted" cast are suing Netflix

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Incidentally, most of their conditions and symptoms have been clinically shown to be manifestations of mental illness, and as long as they are unable to realize that, they will never get better. They take it too personally when someone even suggests that.

The article needs more comments to counter the one I've quoted above. I'm too brainfogged to write such a comment but maybe others here could contribute something useful with references to counter the 'clinically shown' nonsense.

jesse's mom

That series was an insult to everyone with the illnesses represented in it. I have read the interviews of the people on the show, all of them feel that they were misrepresented, and their illnesses trivialized.

With the outrage from the viewers, and the cast members I am shocked that it is still running on Netflix! Shame on Netflix!