• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Food source of cartilage

gumman123

Info on human cartilage https://antranik.org/cartilage-and-bones/

Cartilage is high in collagen, and glycosaminoglycans.

Good food sources of cartilage are
-shark cartilage however this is a marine organism so will have a different make up to land dwelling animal cartilage

and things that are commonly marketed as dog foods

https://wagwalking.com/wellness/nat...r-your-dog-chicken-feet-beef-trachea-and-more

Butchers sell chicken feet, chicken necks, chicken carcasses, bones, and pigs ear, beef tracheas are on ebay or at pet shops.

Because of the tough cartilage/bones in these things they cant be eaten raw, and have to be cooked. Chicken feet only take 30 mins or so in an air fryer or oven or in medium temp water to become edible. I'm expermenting with cooking methods for the other things. One way is make a broth of them- put them in slow cooker with water, and leave for 48 hours. Or in a pressure cooker only takes a few hours.

WoolPippi

I usually make a big pot of chicken bones with water, salt and chopped ginger. This year I use a lot of chicken wings. I cut them up with the garden scissors. And I skim the surface, when the foul looking scum is there.

Drink some of the broth with hot water thrice a day.

gumman123

Nice. I had used a slow cooker to make a bone broth with but it took 2-3 days which is too slow so I am about to buy a pressure cooker, and will try it in that. Hopefully it only takes a few hours in that.