• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

extreme heat head busting..hate this

hurtingallthetimet

i hate the really really hot days..it is almost 100 degrees..im guessing thats why my head feels like it is busting open...and im nauesa and feel really weak..ive beend drinking ice water , popsciles..took bath to cool down...but its like everything effects these illness..

too hot...too cold..rain...i dont understand why its like that..and if its a 100 now in may...just htink what this summer will be like...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I use a cooling vest in the summer--many do. They help a lot and allow me to do things outside in the heat. There are many different kinds, and the level of humidity in your area is important when choosing one.

Sushi

Heat is hard for healthy people too. Dangerous if it's too hot. And humidity makes it feel hotter :( I don't like most weather either, can't stand cold or heat :(

hurtingallthetimet

I use a cooling vest in the summer--many do. They help a lot and allow me to do things outside in the heat. There are many different kinds, and the level of humidity in your area is important when choosing one.

Sushi
i had never heard of a cooling vest i will look into that....it diffently sounds like a great idea

caledonia i have air conditioning thankfully...even if im not outside though i will get a headache or migrane when it gets really hot most days...

PNR2008

Hot in Cleveland but humid too. At least my legs aren't heavy and painful......yet. The weather affects me greatly.