• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiences with DMARDS/corticosteroids?

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
I know this is not what you want to hear but I would wait. Prednisone can trigger psychiatric symptoms (in some people, not in everyone of course) and she may want to avoid this. In addition, if you started it right as you were starting IVIG and then either got better or worse, there would be no way to separate what is causing what.
You're actually probably right, I'm trying to be patient. Strangely since upping to 5mg of LDN, I have had some really good days where Im almost symptom free and have been able to work 3-4 days a week!

If LDN helps me so much, wouldnt that be a clue towards autoimmunity or does LDN help infections too?

Gingergrrl

You're actually probably right, I'm trying to be patient. Strangely since upping to 5mg of LDN, I have had some really good days where Im almost symptom free and have been able to work 3-4 days a week!

I am glad you will (hopefully!) wait and not try Prednisone on your own prior to IVIG (unless Dr. C advises you to). And that is great news that you are having some symptom free days with LDN!

If LDN helps me so much, wouldnt that be a clue towards autoimmunity or does LDN help infections too?

I actually do not know the answer but am guessing that others do! I would assume that you could have both infections and autoimmunity and in either case you could be a responder, or a non-responder, to LDN (but I am just guessing)!

Seadragon

Had a terrible reaction to Prednisone recently so won't be going down that route now.

I have come to the conclusion (both from my symptoms and my reaction to various drugs) that I have both an overactive and underactive immune system and that simply either suppressing or stimulating my immune system seems to make things worse or/and not help at all.

Really wish there was something that would just "balance" the immune system dysfunction but I'm guessing there is no such thing. I seem to remember Jonathan Edwards confirming that a while back.