• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Existing is not Living. I need help!

I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post the following request - I desperately need help in making sense of the myriad tests I've had and in creating a tailored treatment plan. I'm increasingly realizing that my cognitive limitations are greatly hindering any chance of recovery/improvement. The persistent brain fog is maddening. It's as if I'm a slave to the primal regions of my brain.

I'm hoping to find someone, whether it be a credentialed practitioner or even a well-versed site member (would compensate of course), who understand genetic mutations and how to treat. I need a bit of hand holding here. Any and all suggestions welcome. TIA!

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
It's as if I'm a slave to the primal regions of my brain.
Maybe it´s just these regions which are out of order??
I'm increasingly realizing that my cognitive limitations are greatly hindering any chance of recovery/improvement.
This I have also big problems with. How to remember things and how to keep the line. Often I have problems to logically put things together, I cannnot cut through.
A trick might be to think all things uncertain, and you might develope some sense for what might be more important and what less.

---
Having said both, I am on my way:
-- Probably by good luck I can influence my immunesystem (signature below). I don´t know my genetics, but looking at a relative there should be some predisposition.
-- I can help my inner brain structures esp by gaba and taurin (currently only 250mg each), which gives always a push.
Here I use also metals found in chocolate, so a bit of chocolate. Eating 9g or 18g or 36g of chocolat. I also use silver spoons in drinks (best even more homeopathic.) Chocolate contains: nickel, chromium, zinc, aluminium, all of the last three I have googled to be pronounced in one inner structure. Zinc (thalamus) and chromium (caudatus) I experience to be most important. (I must be careful with the combination zinc and tryptophan, tryptophan can be helpful too, but can be very very strange as well, maybe dangerous.)
With chocolate I think higher amounts might even be dangerous, because the effected actions might lead to more chaos. I also use a quarter drop of vinegar only, which would work in the accumbens (being an acid it would act on ASICs acid sensing ion channels which are high there).
-- Thanks to Fluge 2016 p3, f1 I also take lysine or methionine, best so far half an hour after a proteine meal.

So, that´s my wisdom, I am getting very slowly out of the misery. In more detail I have to say that the applications are often chaotic: sometimes this sequence feels better, sometimes that.
I don´t know how important the medicals are. I use a spoon of tomatoegreentea (organic) which diminishes acetylcholine (don´t know if it is safe), half a drop of ambroxol, and sometimes beer (alcohol plus hops, the last one is the only iNOS blocker that doesn´t get out of work in my case).
It took me two and a half year of disability to figure the thing out, after having found out my manganese issue rather by complete accident.
The story behind my illness then is: iNOS got high after two infections, and NO made the nerves especially in basal ganglia and thalamus ready "to learn" too much, eg caused much too high plasticity. (In addition my phantasy likes to reason that the learning/memory/plasticity mechansism would evolutionarily be the starting point for feeling sick, the chaos that might come about with too much synapse turnover.)
----

My disability (because of my "suddenly visible" psychological problems (which I hadn´t had)) will end soon enough, a new challenge. A difficult improvement, I personally must beware of doctors, sadly. Best wishes!

Last edited:

Hip

who understand genetic mutations and how to treat.

If like most of us you have cognitive difficulties, trying to understand all the complexities of 23andme results is probably not an efficient approach to improving health. As far as I am aware, almost nobody on this forum has improved their health through addressing their SNP mutations. Your 23andme results may be interesting to learn about, but they do not appear to be the answer in terms of getting better.

You might consider looking into treatments that have a track record of helping, which in include vitamin B12 injections or B12 transdermal oils, low-dose naltrexone, oxymatrine, Valcyte, tenofovir and others.

Last edited:

prioris

If like most of us you have cognitive difficulties, trying to understand all the complexities of 23andme results is probably not an efficient approach to improving health. As far as I am aware, almost nobody on this forum has improved their health through addressing their SNP mutations. Your 23andme results may be interesting to learn about, but they do not appear to be the answer in terms of getting better.

Completely agree.

What I have used genetics for is searching for possible clues on research for treating something when i am at a dead end on ideas. For $20, i use livewello user templates for various conditions.

I have no suggestions, sorry, but i endorse your reaching out for help and acknowledging your cognitive challenges at the moment. I am new here and don't know anything yet, but I can pass on this info. A friend who is a layperson but interested in science mentioned immunotherapy the other day, and she said I should look into recent work of Charles Graeber (The Breakthrough) and Siddartha Murjerke (Immune Genetics). I haven't read them and I don't know how helpful they are, but she was pretty excited about these two names and said I should read them :( I hope this is not a wild goose chase. Mainly I wanted to just encourage you and say hi, you're not alone, existing is not enough for me either. <3