• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excessive daytime sleepiness medications

HRManager

"Deal with it"
Good morning:

Just saw that two new medications are out for excessive daytime sleepiness - Sunosi (listed as a DNRI) and Wakix (increases histamine in the brain).

Has anyone tried either of these?

What about Xyrem?

I have used both modafinil and armodafinil and had good results. I am fighting with doctors so currently do not have >:-( and I am suffering without it. I wondered about asking my doctor about Sunosi because I do have apnea.

Any information would be awesome!

Thanks,
Amy

BuyModa is a Canadian pharmacy that ships Modafinil/Armodafinil to the USA without a prescription.

Adrafinil is also an alternative - it's a "supplement" that metabolizes into modafinil by the liver.

jaybee00

Wakix is very expensive somewhere between $4000-8000 per month depending on dosage. I’d try it if was cheaper.

HRManager

"Deal with it"
I do not want to mess with anything related to histamine so Wakix is not an option for me.. I already have to take so many antihistamines to be able to breathe/not be a ball of mucus.