• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excellent Channel 4 News item on Merryn and Maeve's death from ME.

Countrygirl

M.E.: Lives devastated - and sufferers told it's made up​

This is the best TV news item on UK TV that I have seen in 35 years.

Clare Norton talks about her daughter's death from ME, the accusations of FII and safeguarding. Sean O'Neill is then interviewed about the death of his daughter Maeve from ME as a result of the neglect of the Wonford Hospital, Exeter, and the fault of Social Services .

bertiedog

I saw this yesterday evening and was very impressed on this coverage, probably the best I have seen on ME.

The only criticism is that they didn't specifically mention some of the abnormal research findings especially from the US researchers although I know Sean O'Neil did say that more research was going on. I was thinking it was a shame that things like muscles not acting normally and being unable to provide normal energy as one example which the audience could probably understand.

However definitely a very positive segment on Channel 4 news.

Pam

Last edited:

Oliver3

I watched this live and was blown away. I've never seen such straight reportage when they went back to the studio.
They were so adamant on the point of medical gaslighting.
I wrote to them and phones them up to ask them to pursue this story.
I asked them to talk to the open medicine foundation too...
I felt like we wrec"seen" to use the parlance du jour. It made me feel about 50 different emotions all at once seeing it live.
Anger and hope being the two most prominent

Oliver3

M.E.: Lives devastated - and sufferers told it's made up​

This is the best TV news item on UK TV that I have seen in 35 years.

Clare Norton talks about her daughter's death from ME, the accusations of FII and safeguarding. Sean O'Neill is then interviewed about the death of his daughter Maeve from ME as a result of the neglect of the Wonford Hospital, Exeter, and the fault of Social Services .
The absolute otherworldly gaslighting was truly victorian. Investigating the mother for child abuse....ffs.....I know we've all had our fair share of doctors negligence but this was just heartbreaking.
It shows how far we have to go to get this juggernaut of ignorance turned around