• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Endometriosis cyst?

I dont know where should i post.
But im so hopeless. :( i already gave up but why this sudden shocking thing

2 gynecologist order me for surgery due to usg result.
He said i got endometriosis cyst more than 6cm
But my main symptom was only big lump on low belly. (So far i dont notice anything significant, menstruation normal)

I really cant do it :( im already so fragile, broken due to many issues, autoimmune, heart, etc.
And the med system in my country isnt good.
I dont know what to do :(

anybody knows is there any other treatment to help decrease it? :(
I read theres sclerotherapy but i dont know if theres possible.

Really appreciate any help. :(
really scared, its in the middle of the night and i cant sleep

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Dear @kisekishiawase I am so sorry you are facing another trouble. Don't feel alone because there is always someone around on here -even if we take a little while to reply.

Try not to feel terrified. I know, that is easier said than done, but I am sending you my warmest kindest thoughts right now :heart:

I understand in a way because I had an ovarian cyst many years ago (1997). No one knew what it was until they did the surgery. So it was a worry. But it turned out to be a simple surgery and all was well. It was a benign tumour. I actually had rather a nice time in hospital !

I don't know enough about endometriosis though, to be able to advise you.

Have you discussed with your doctor the possiblity of a pharmacological approach?
I can't say for sure (not knowing enough about endometriosis) but maybe ask your doctor if an oral contraceptive may help? Or if there is any other solution besides surgery?

It may be hormone-responsive you see.

Anyway this is just to let you know you are NOT alone. Kind thoughts to you. :hug::hug::hug:

Moof

So sorry to hear about the endometrial cyst, @kisekishiawase. These are very common and don't always need treatment. The main thing is to make sure it's benign, and I'm wondering if the surgeon would be prepared to do a biopsy instead of surgery? If it is, they may be prepared to adopt a watch and wait strategy instead, which could buy you time to get to a better place health-wise before considering surgery.

They'll want to make sure it's not cutting off your blood supply anywhere, and it's not growing rapidly. If it is growing, it might be better to have surgery sooner rather than later – the bigger the cyst, the less likely it is that they'll be able to do 'keyhole' surgery (which offers a much quicker recovery).

Dear @kisekishiawase I am so sorry you are facing another trouble. Don't feel alone because there is always someone around on here -even if we take a little while to reply.

Try not to feel terrified. I know, that is easier said than done, but I am sending you my warmest kindest thoughts right now :heart:

I understand in a way because I had an ovarian cyst many years ago (1997). No one knew what it was until they did the surgery. So it was a worry. But it turned out to be a simple surgery and all was well. It was a benign tumour. I actually had rather a nice time in hospital !

I don't know enough about endometriosis though, to be able to advise you.

Have you discussed with your doctor the possiblity of a pharmacological approach?
I can't say for sure (not knowing enough about endometriosis) but maybe ask your doctor if an oral contraceptive may help? Or if there is any other solution besides surgery?

It may be hormone-responsive you see.

Anyway this is just to let you know you are NOT alone. Kind thoughts to you. :hug::hug::hug:
Thank you i do remember you and nice great friends here, i gave up and just try to run away but then this happened :(

They just say about surgery but im worried since im a weird case and pota, cfs, etc isnt known here :(

So sorry to hear about the endometrial cyst, @kisekishiawase. These are very common and don't always need treatment. The main thing is to make sure it's benign, and I'm wondering if the surgeon would be prepared to do a biopsy instead of surgery? If it is, they may be prepared to adopt a watch and wait strategy instead, which could buy you time to get to a better place health-wise before considering surgery.

They'll want to make sure it's not cutting off your blood supply anywhere, and it's not growing rapidly. If it is growing, it might be better to have surgery sooner rather than later – the bigger the cyst, the less likely it is that they'll be able to do 'keyhole' surgery (which offers a much quicker recovery).
Not biopsy but surgery :(
Its more than 6cm :(
But i read theres sclerotherapy catheter treatment but still cant find here :(