• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EHS

Hi..New member here.
Are there other EHS sufferers on this group? Interested to know what you find helpful-shielding or otherwise?...shielding can be ever so expensive and complicated! Is there anything apart from avoidance that has helped you become less sensitive?
Look forward to hearing from you.
M

Hello

Yes, my cousin has severe EHS. He's forced to live without electricity like the Amish.

The best shielding is something like an EMF canopy (from alibaba) that allows for 0 RF inside of the sleep area, but it needs to be grounded and also given consideration to shielding the floor.

EMF clothing is expensive, but getting body parts covered is worth the investment. A cap / hat and t-shirt. The clothing is conductive and best worn over another T-shirt or skullcap in the event its a hat, that way no silver is in direct contact with the skin.

Dr Martin Pall's research suggests that focusing on support of NRF2 to be the best way to supplement against EMF. Molecular Hydrogen helped a lot in the past too.

He also has written on VGCC blockers being a potential therapeutic option, only has little evidence of it working.

Dysfunkion

Hi I'm also someone with severe EHS. I have a shield on the monitor of my computer and can only handle VGA. HDMI even with my radiation shield causes issues for me. I have a few layers of a shielding fabric over my computer tower and my PC is a low powered linux mint MATE build that has near 0 percent CPU usage when idle and Nvidia's last GPU with a VGA output (it's the GT730 2 GB, it is thankfully still being made by some companies). I have the thing hooked up to ethernet and need the wifi access point in my place at least a few rooms away between thick walls. Inside I always need to wear one of theose Lambs EMF shirts and it's not bad, helps enough to keep me alive here. I am surrounded by an increasing amount of wireless radiation in my complex here though and I'm sure it's also what is making me even more ill. It's a very crappy situation to be in, no one believes you either and there is no medical help for us. I wish I could just move but I don't have the money or situation to do so. I feel like I need to live in the stone age.

Navigating social situations is one of the most difficult things about this because you go over someone's house without this nightmare condition and what do they typically have in their modern home? Wireless generously littered all over the place, big screen TV's with no radiation shielding, game consoles/computers/other devices with processors pumping out ghz of power without so much as a flimsy metal case around them, and you bet everyone has those phones connected to the wifi too. Whenever I go over someone's house or out anywhere with too much EMF radiation I tend to come back flaring. I never bring it up to them because they wouldn't understand and wouldn't be able to accommodate my needs anyways unless they shut everything down while I'm there which is completely unrealistic.