• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

dust/chemical/ mold/bacterial filter, exerpiences?

leaves

Nowadays there are real effective filters on the market that filter the air of chemicals, smells, smoke, bacteria, mold etc. I am thinking of buying one. I do not think my apt is unhealthy/ dusty/ moldy but I am prone to allergies and quite sensitive to smells and chemicals so I thought it might be useful. Any experience?

This was the filter i was considering
http://www.vitacost.com/Rabbit-Air-...Plus-Limited-Time-Offer-Get-This-Unit-For-299

Forebearance

air filters

Hi leaves,

I've had good luck with Austin air filters. They are expensive, but they filter out nearly everything. Of course, nothing can filter out mold toxins, but these get everything else.

dannybex

Hi leaves,

I've had good luck with Austin air filters. They are expensive, but they filter out nearly everything. Of course, nothing can filter out mold toxins, but these get everything else.

I've been interested in getting an air filter/purifier, but haven't been able to afford one, and still can't. I'm naively hoping Santa will stop by and realize what a good boy I've been this year. Nevertheless, I would be very interested in hearing about which other brands people consider are effective or know are highly rated -- so much conflicting info out there.

It's interesting that you say 'nothing can filter out mold toxins', but so many of them say they can either 'kill' mold or can 'reduce' the amount of mold. But is this just slick advertising...or the truth?

???

Dan

p.s. In fact the model that Leaves was considering advertises as featuring "a Nano-Silver pre-filter to help kill airborne bacteria, mold and viruses."

I did a lot of reading at: http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com/allergy-multi-purpose-air-purifiers.html, before I decided on getting a BlueAir 403 with smokestop filter.

I'm very happy with it! For me it's very important that it's vitually silent since I'm extremely sensitive to sounds (I wear headphones all day long), and this one is. I cant even tell that it's in the room... If I remember correctly it's at 30 decibel which is really good.

One of the reasons we decided to get one was because we take care of this dog every now and then, and this summer I was more sick than ever and developed an allergy to dogs, which was extremely sad since I love dogs. But ever since getting the air purifyer I have no problems having the dog around. She stayed with us for 2 weeks and I was perfectly fine!:Retro smile:

Berthe

Annyone experience with this air purifier with special plasma filter for mold (Aspergillius Niger)
Coway AP-1503CH HEPA/plasma

Love,
Esther