• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Judy Mikovits fights back through the courts

taniaaust1

All I can say is wow.
Dennis Jones, lawyer for Judy Mikovits, also said the reason she was fired by the institute was because she discovered a series of improper, unethical and possibly illegal acts by the Whittemores and their lab director.

For those reasons, Jones said, Washoe District Judge Brent Adams rulings should be thrown out. Adams had issued an order against Mikovits before disclosing that Whittemore, his family and company had contributed $10,400 to the judges campaign. Adams then took himself off the case.

Washoe County District Attorney Richard Gammick said he had nothing to do with Mikovits bail judges set bail, he doesnt , he said. Gammick said his office treated Whittemore like any other victim of an alleged crime.

Of course, we talked to Whittemore. He was the victim in this thing, Gammick said. My actions in the criminal case were as affected by Harvey Whittemore as much as any other victim in any other case.
I know Harvey. I like Harvey, but I dont do special favors for him or anyone else, Gammick said. He gets the same break as anyone else.

Adams then issued a judgment against Mikovits on Jan. 24, 2012, the motion said. In March, while talking with the lawyers about a hearing on damages, Adams disclosed the campaign contributions he received from Whittemore, the motion said. Days later he quit the case.

Adams was aware of the Whittemore money while ruling on the case, but only disclosed it after the media began reporting that the FBI was investigation Whittemores campaign contribution activities, Jones said.

How can a judge even be allowed to make a ruling in a case one of his friends is in? Surely there are rules about that? One would think it would be illegal or somehing.