• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Letter to Two More Mahana GI Advisors

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2020/02/11/t...sw_qK4RYbujD7TrnAWpZLpx4Nf1nm-6rw6ib3npXaERJ4

Trial By Error: My Letter to Two More Mahana GI Advisors

11 FEBRUARY 2020

By David Tuller, DrPH

I’ll soon post a blog on why I’m spending so much time on this IBS issue when I’m supposed to be focused on ME (or CFS, ME/CFS, CFS/ME, or whatever term is being used to refer to this illness or cluster of related illnesses). In the meantime, here’s a copy of the letter I sent this morning to two more of Mahana Therapeutics gastroenterology advisors, after the one I sent to a UCSF guy last week. (I received an auto-response, which informed me that the doctor was currently out of town.)

This time I wrote to Dr Peter Lu and Dr Carlo di Lorenzo. Both are well-regarded gastroenterologists at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Mahana has more than a dozen gastroenterology and psychology advisors. I guess that means it is likely I will send additional letters while I continue to wait for answers.

Subject line: Mahana Therapeutics unwarranted claims about web-based CBT for IBS

Dear Dr Lu and Dr Di Lorenzo–

I am a senior fellow in public health and journalism at UC Berkeley’s Center for Global Public Health, which is part of the School of Public Health. I write frequently about research on illnesses in the category of so-called “medically unexplained symptoms.” Much of my work appears on Virology Blog, a science site hosted by Vincent Racaniello, a professor of microbiology at Columbia. (I have cc’d Dr Racaniello on this e-mail.).........................

Last edited by a moderator: