• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Amolak Bansal still practicing?

Seadragon

Does anyone in the UK know if Dr Bansal is still at the St Helier hospital? If so, is he still seeing new patients?

Thanks.

Seadragon

@Hip - thank you. My husband has Bupa cover through his work so I am also covered but not sure if they cover that type of private doctor or private hospitals. Do you know what he charges for a consultation?

@anni66 - thanks. How do you get a Skype consultation with him and how much does that cost?

anni66

mum to ME daughter
@Hip - thank you. My husband has Bupa cover through his work so I am also covered but not sure if they cover that type of private doctor or private hospitals. Do you know what he charges for a consultation?

@anni66 - thanks. How do you get a Skype consultation with him and how much does that cost?
I think you go through referral process and agree skype as preference. He does appreciate that many cannot travel.
I know someone who does this and will see if i can find out for you.

Seadragon

Thanks @anni66 I saw my GP today and she has agreed to refer me (she has referred patients to him before apparently).

I am trying to decide whether I can get there in person or not (just coming out of a severe relapse). Otherwise I will try to organise a Skype consult.

Do you know approx how much time he allows per consultation and also did you find him helpful?

Binkie4

I think his charges are now £250 for initial consult and £150 for follow ups of 15 minutes. The initial consult is much longer.

I see him at St Anthony’s on a Thursday but he does do a Saturday clinic occasionally.

Yes, I do find him helpful. He has a pleasant, approachable manner. He can’t cure you but recommends supplements etc. He has also been very helpful in liaising with other doctors for different conditions eg anaesthesia etc.

Apologies for butting in but I thought you would want the info. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about his Skype consults.@Seadragon.

anni66

mum to ME daughter
Thanks @anni66 I saw my GP today and she has agreed to refer me (she has referred patients to him before apparently).

I am trying to decide whether I can get there in person or not (just coming out of a severe relapse). Otherwise I will try to organise a Skype consult.

Do you know approx how much time he allows per consultation and also did you find him helpful?
From a parent's forum i know of 2 who have had consultations, one did this via skype and found it helpful - no way they could travel.
I have a feeling skype will be the same timeframe but that the first consultation will be in person if possible.
Both people found it helpful.

Seadragon

Thank you @anni66 and @Binkie4

I have an appointment in June to see him. It is not too far from where I live (about half an hour by car) and my hubby will take me. It's also early afternoon which is usually the time of day I am at my "best".

Still not sure I will manage particularly if it is a warm day as I am sensitive to heat but will see how I am nearer the time.

Failing that, I will see if I can do the Skype consultation if BUPA will cover that type of appointment (not sure if there are rules about that so will have to check).

I will update here how I get on for anyone else in the UK that is interested in Dr Bansal.