• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Donation from AmazonSmile

ljimbo423

I got this email today from Amazon-

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Phoenix Rising An Neid Corporation, in the amount of $235.35 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:
  • $4,335.07 to Phoenix Rising An Neid Corporation*

Last edited:

Diwi9

Administrator
Thank you to everyone who has joined Amazon Smile and selected Phoenix Rising An Neid Corporation as the beneficiary. As a reminder, this program costs you nothing and is a great way to support PR. Our contributions from Amazon Smile have increased over the years but have begun to plateau at around $235. My personal goal is for PR to average about $250 per quarter. The number $4,335.07 is a total received by PR since enrollment in the Amazon Smile program, annually we actually bring in less than $1,000 from this program, but these quarterly checks still make a big difference for our operations budget.

Thank you @ljimbo423 for enrolling with Amazon Smile and selecting PR as the beneficiary, and for making this post that gives me the opportunity to encourage others to enroll to support PR!

Zebra

Prior to the pandemic, I eschewed Amazon, but that was easy to do when I had family willing and able to go to brick and mortar stores for me.

But times change, family circumstances change, and when the COVID-19 pandemic began, suddenly I had to begin aquiring necessities on my own (while being house bound).

Enrolling in Amazon Smile made it more palatable, to me, to use Amazon, and I'm proud to be able to contribute to Phoenix Rising in this very small way.

I want to assure folks that Amazon Smile is the *exact* same platform as Amazon.

You'll find that some items are eligible for contributions and some are not, but if you already use Amazon to purchase stuff or groceries, why not take advantage of Amazon Smile having to make a small contribution to the charity of your choice?

It will take you less than 10 minutes to adjust your bookmark, log-on, and select Phoenix Rising as the charity of your choice.

Together we can meet the goal that @Diwi9 mentioned above.

lenora

I know they rule....I wouldn't dare argue the fact. We had a black cat ourselves once many years ago. Unfortunately, she was a nasty business but seemed to enjoy terrorizing us, especially Rod.

I'll pay closer attention to those avatars in the future. Best wishes for 2022 for you, your families, cats, dogs and whatever else is a part of your life. PR is a fine group and everyone deserves better health. Hope this is the year. Yours, Lenora.

lenora

Hi @Shanti1......Yes, isn't that just a great way to give?....when we have it done for us. I understand that groups like this money from Amazon b/c it's paid regularly and we're going to order anyway, so why not take advantage of what's offered?

I've been doing it for years and just wish more people were aware of it. I don't even know which charity my donations are going toward now....thanks for the reminder. I'll check. Yours,Lenora