• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you use a rescue inhaler?

Andrew

To maximize the efficiency of your inhaler, consider one of these devices. A study was done in emergency rooms and they found the spacer aka aerochamber seems to help patients are much as a nebulizer. Ask your doctor before using this. It is not meant for all types of inhaled medicine.

Andrew

By the way, my doctor did not tell me about this. I found out on my own and then asked him for one. I think part of the problem was I already had a nebulizer. The problem for me is it's too difficult to clean. Once I explained how hard it was for me, he gave me the chamber.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Inhalers are easier and much more convenient to use than nebulizers and the chamber does help my mom to time the inhalation with the release of the medicine better.

We did not have one of the fancy ones shown in the picture until recently.

Her stay at the hospital in 2017 they told us we could take the one they gave her with treatments home but after many trips to the car, I was exhausted and that was the one thing I forgot to get before we left. Arrrggg.

When she went into the hospital this year we made absolutely sure to ask for the one they let her use. It works the best with her Albuterol.

You're right though. The respiratory therapist said it wasn't appropriate to use with her Symbicort because the weight of the mist droplets or some such.