• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DHEA

Ninan

My adrenals are very sensitive and I don't tolerate any glandulars or adaptogens. My DHEA is low and I guess that's what gives me low immunity, depression and more heart issues. I wonder if I would tolerate supplementing DHEA or if that would just make stuff worse. Progesterone and estrogen creams work fine. Any experiences from ppl who are very sensitive?

Ninan

I read somewhere that @caledonia doesn't tolerate it and I think she tolerates more adrenal support than I do. I can't take anything, even Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder.

My heart just crashed again, I think it could be from low DHEA. It's really heavy and my pulse goes up from nothing. I'm taking beta blockera and resting. And B12, lack of that has caused this before but it doesn't seem to be the problem this time.

I've ordered DHEA cream, thinking it might be milder. But I don't have any high hopes.

caledonia

I read somewhere that @caledonia doesn't tolerate it and I think she tolerates more adrenal support than I do. I can't take anything, even Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder.

My heart just crashed again, I think it could be from low DHEA. It's really heavy and my pulse goes up from nothing. I'm taking beta blockera and resting. And B12, lack of that has caused this before but it doesn't seem to be the problem this time.

I've ordered DHEA cream, thinking it might be milder. But I don't have any high hopes.

I only tolerated Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder during a period of heavy stress, and that was only a fraction of a pill. Otherwise, the best I can do is replace electrolytes.

If you're having pulse irregularities, it could be electrolyte deficiencies.

I've had some improvement in my adrenal fatigue about a year and a half after getting my last mercury filling out - my cortisol went from just about zero flatlined, to about 50% of normal (so still adrenal fatigue but improved). My thyroid also recovered from autoimmune thyroiditis at that time.

Mercury does a number on the thyroid and adrenals. I'm currently working on getting out the rest of my mercury with the Cutler frequent dose chelation protocol. Hopefully that will eventually fix my adrenals the rest of the way.