• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

D lactate acidosis

xks201

I was on a ketogenic diet and then ate a reeses peanut butter cup and before I knew it couldn’t lift my limbs without extreme effort. I had d lactate acidosis. Fast forward and antibiotics got rid of it along with non d lactate producing probiotics. The mid level fatigue still remains outside of eating hours. Could it be that the body was conditioned to use the lactate pathway and is blocking pyruvate from entering the Krebs cycle?

Fast forward and antibiotics got rid of it
I'm confused. Are you saying that d lactate acidosis caused an infection, or that some other property of the antibiotics changed your blood chemistry?
Do you have a history of intestinal disorders?

xks201

The d lactate acidosis was an infection. I really don’t have a history of intestinal disorders.