• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cromolyn (sodium cromoglycate) nasal spray

kushami

I am unable to get hold of this at the moment, but I do have cromolyn eyedrops. Would it be okay to try eye drops in my nose? It’s unbelievably itchy and nothing else is working.

kushami

Answering my own question – here is a quote from another Aussie doing just that:

I'm using CromoFresh eye drops as nose drops. They are available otc at Chemist Warehouse for $14 (2% cromolyn), and sterile water, exactly the same formula as nasal spray, no script needed. My pharmacist assures me this is a perfectly safe delivery method.

kushami

It seems that cromolyn nasal spray was available on a normal PBS prescription here (Australia), but the manufacturer decided to stop selling the product. (Usually happens because of lack of profits.)

You can still get a prescription made up at a compounding pharmacy, or you could get the eye drops over the counter and do as the person above.

Back