• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Correct way to take Florinef/fludrocortisone for POTS

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I'm an idiot... five days after starting fludrocortisone I felt energetic for the first time in years so I went metal-detecting, which implies walking long distances an using a PICKAX to dig holes in hard soil... I seem to be having PEM since then. If you ever improve even just a little, don't get too enthusiastic :(

Tella

Wow that's great news, I'm so pleased for you!

So you are taking 0.1mg daily and it has taken about a week to see an effect?

Are you supplementing with potassium automatically or waiting to see if your levels drop?

I already supplement potassium as I take licorice root, so I will definitely continue to do so when I switch, and get regular blood tests.
Hey how r u now

Tella

I'm an idiot... five days after starting fludrocortisone I felt energetic for the first time in years so I went metal-detecting, which implies walking long distances an using a PICKAX to dig holes in hard soil... I seem to be having PEM since then. If you ever improve even just a little, don't get too enthusiastic :(
Hey how r u now