• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

chronic cough

pamojja

I too had chronic bronchitis for a whole year, despite a very healthy diet and comprehensive supplementation. At the end I threw the towel, and went for 5 month to a South Indian beach to try let it heal with lots of sea-air, sunshine and Ayurvedic herbals. It worked for me, though first i suffered a severe UTI and 1 whole months of fevers (along with diarhea, vomiting; probably thypoid fever). Later it was diagnosed a COPD1, though asymptomatic since.

A probably very effective an easily accessible remedy against lung-infections is described here (with a link to a free ebook): https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/04/18/nebulized-hydrogen-peroxide.aspx

ruben

I've had ME/CFS for decades. Around 10 years ago I got a cold and cough. The cold went but the cough didn't. I'd never cough during the night but as soon as I got up in the morning, and got moving the coughing would start. After some months went to the doctors and he gave me an inhaler. Never did any good whatsoever. I too must of had this cough a couple of years. I went online to look for possible answers. I read something about vitamin D, so got some. Took my first one just before bed. Got up next morning. A miracle. The tickly feeling in my throat had disappeared!! My cough had gone. If only I could find a miracle that simple for my ME/CFS.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Like you, I've had a nagging, persistent cough since an incredibly bad bout of flu in late 2014. It finally went away, but came back with a vengeance after Mar 2020 mild COVID.

Here;s what I found, thru a post right here on a PR thread, and I wish I could remember the thread or the poster because I owe him/her an enormous debt of gratitude.

Thru something they linked on that post, I stumbled onto SPIKENARD ROOT, FRESH EXTRACT, and being desperate, decided to risk the $45.00 for a 4 oz bottle, plus $10.00 s/h .... the results were astonishing. Within 1 full day of taking a couple of doses, my cough had dramatically receded. By the 4th or 5th day, it was, for all practical purposes, GONE !!! I could sleep thru the night without being awakened by a dry, wracking cough. I could breathe without choking. It was a miracle.

I don't know if it'll work the same way for you, but here's a link to VOYAGE BOTANICA, the only herb company I've found that has FRESH Spikenard Root (aralia racemosa) extract:

SPIKENARD ROOT - Give Your Lungs A Second Chance
https://www.voyagebotanica.net/blog...pikenard-root-give-your-lungs-a-second-chance

EDIT ..... As an afterthought, I thought that I'd mention that I've been taking med/large doses of D3 for 2-plus years, and it had no apparent effect on my cough. And with all due respect to Mercola, I'd be cautious with some of his recommendations.