• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chlorine sensitivity

I am sure many of us have chemical sensitivity. I am sensitive to all chemicals normally. I notice with chlorine sometimes I am more or less sensitive. There were a few days I was very sensitive to it, and a couple things I ate tasted like chlorine too. Does anyone know what vitamin, mineral, hormone, etc may be related to this? I think it is a clue that I'm deficient in something and have built up too much of something? I know I need to detox my liver, kidneys, etc but I wonder if there is something else here. I have amalgams so I can't use some of the binders.

Zensational

Please read this link about detoxing the pineal gland which is responsible for melatonin and serotonin production. There is much specific information on this about detoxing from chemicals such a flouride, chlorine bromide, etc.
http://decalcifypinealgland.com/how-to-decalcify-the-pineal-gland/#skate
This is making a lot of sense to me. I have done much research and this is one of the best websites I've found.
I'm going to start on the MSM, Boron, Blue Skate Fish Oil, and Detoxidied Iodine protocol.
Maybe not all at the same time though.

golden

Chlorine steam from hot showers and baths is one of the worst offenders. I can't find a link but from memory it is 100x more toxic and gets inhaled straight into your system...

GracieJ

Two weeks ago, I finally installed a chlorine filter on the shower head. Very late in the game, but hey, I've been busy screening a dozen other things, right... Added back nothing but pH-adjusted water for drinking and cooking, and inside a week I had a huge burst of energy I haven't seen for years. I do think it's all synergy -- doing this now may have been more effective than doing it previously, before the last two years of the herbal and cleansing protocol I've been on that allowed me to go back to work. Still, though, anything we can get out of our lives that's poisoning our systems the better, regardless of the order it's done.

Helen

Taurine supplementation might help if you are sensitive to chlorine.

I found one link as an example http://www.vitaviva-info.com/en/content/view/full/830

The lack of taurine might be a cause of impaired methylation. Sorry, I can´t explain but if you read in the book of Dr. Amy Yasko ; Autism, pathways to recovery, you will find her explanation to it. Maybe your basic problem is a blocked methylation? Mercury from amalgam takes a lot of glutathione.