• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS Radio commercial

Frickly

I heard my first commercial regarding CFS on AM radio this morning. I wish more people could hear it. Even though it recommended going to the CDC website for more information (not the best source of info in my mind) it did, in a weird way, validate my condition.

Finch

Down With the Sickness
It's a start!

Frickly - you're way ahead of me there. I haven't seen or heard anything in our local media. I remember buying a magazine back at the beginning of the CDC's awareness campaign just so I could see the ad and show it to everyone. I've seen a television ad they did by looking it up on the Internet, but I've never seen any on TV.

I've been so disappointed in this campaign. The Faces of CFS exhibit makes its rounds so slowly, to only one city at a time, and only to the major cities. It's rather sad that it took so long for you to hear one ad on AM radio, which is probably not listened to by as many people as listen to FM.

Anyhow, it's a start, and I do understand your excitement at finally hearing something! I'm still waiting.

Don't Wait

I just heard my first CFS radio ad after 12 pm, not very long ago. 'Knew right what it was about before it was half-way over. CAA is still talking about this, the photo show, etc., and I'd be the first to say that I've said it all seems pretty lame. However, google SolveCFS, and you'll find along with the old stuff there's promise on the horizon. Realize that not only is CAA engaged with NIH, but WPI is engaged with CAA.

Finch, a Warbler knows you feel as helpless as you are tired. Please try to overcome this and join our upcoming flight - i.e., protest. (Hopefully we're not all headed south!) It doesn't matter who you protest to - in Congress, the media, etc. The next month or so may prove vitally important. Cort's done an incredible job of inspiring us to act "together", and it's up to each of us to act on our own. If we do, the effect will be one of togetherness.

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Sing it Loud - Sing it Strong

You're right, Warbler. I've kept quiet long enough waiting for others to solve this problem. It's very against my nature to make waves, you see. I will try to learn how, and quickly! No more time to waste! Even a ripple can spread far and wide. I'm trying to think of how I can help. I have joined the group and will go there for information and ideas.