• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(CBCT) Cone Beam CT Dental Scan - Available on NHS? (UK)

Guwop2

I had a meeting with a holistic dentist today regarding the possible extraction of root-canal (dead) tooth. In order to justify the treatment I have been recommended a CBCT scan, so infection and other issue can be seen in advance. I see they the NHS do have machines that do this, but is this something that anyone has been able to access as an NHS patient? If you have, how did you manage to get it? My reason is based loosely of off the theory that root canal teeth may be the source of a low-level infection that can cause chronic illnesses (like ME/CFS), but I doubt the my GP will refer me for the scan since this is a fringe view and has (afaik) little evidence in favour of it.