• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can't stand the pain

Emmarose47

Hi the pain is just driving me insane ..
My head it moves from temples to side of head like screwdrivers . Naproxen has took the edge off .
The pain in hands and feet has got more prevalent ...
CBD oil worked last wk now isn't ..
Naproxen maybe helps a little ?

I'm wondering what meds next ?
Anyone have experience
I

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
With some of my headaches, I get something similar like pencils being pushed into my ears. :(

When did you take the last dose of Naproxen?
Can you handle something like Excedrine or does it make you feel too wired? It makes me feel a bit toxic but takes the headache down and sometimes away completely.

Or instead, tylenol with ibuprofen sometimes works for some people. Again, I wouldn't take them too close to the other. (These would sometimes help my Mom with her pain. Take with food though and stick with small doses because it can be bad for the gut.)

Hope you can get relief.

(I mention these because it's so hard to get effective prescription pain meds these days even if someone doesn't have a history of abusing them.)

Saying a prayer for you.

Last edited:

Emmarose47

How are you doing, @Emmarose47 with the pain now? :(
Hi judee
Not AS bad but not resolved ...
I figured screens don't help so doing less of that and some head massage and ice pack .
Always been a headache sufferer but what I get now drives me mad . Think it's stress related too so doing some jaw exercises

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Maybe keep a mental diary of foods and other exposures too. Some really weird things give me migraines like cinnamon, sulfur veggies or supplements, yeast, and of course chemicals and fragrances.

Sorry you're going through that. Difficult to deal with on top of the uncertainty of your housing situation.

Still praying for that to work out for you.