• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can M.E predispose a once healthy brain to bad hard to treat depression?

MAOAr297r

@MAOAr297r

any cox2 inhibitors that work for me screw up my stomach, PLUS they give me rebound pain.. For me, all roads lead to fixing my gut (years of n=1 experiments; rx and OTC, pharma and supplement...)
I'm sorry sounds rough. I need to consider the gut more I suppose as it can very central.

MAOAr297r

@MAOAr297r

any cox2 inhibitors that work for me screw up my stomach, PLUS they give me rebound pain.. For me, all roads lead to fixing my gut (years of n=1 experiments; rx and OTC, pharma and supplement...)
I'm so sorry thats rough. My gut is a mess. I wish you luck on fixing your gut, it sure can be tricky sometimes.

MAOAr297r

I just randomly found something that relates to this. I was studying a neuro book to get ready for school (when and if I can go back) and they were talking about how cytokines can influence regions of the brain.interestingly they said IL-2 was being used in cancer treatment therapy (infusion) but they said it make people feel extremely depressed so the thearpy as an adverse side effect and was discontinued......I was looked at Dr.Montoya's paper entitled "Cytokine signature associated with disease severity in CFS patients." In moderate patients it was only elevated 9%..no big deal.... IL-2 was not 50 or 80% higher in serve patients... It was 550% higher. I hope I got the math wrong......I could have some thing wrong here but I do know stupid pro-inflammatory cytokines suck :(