• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breathing issues with Mold exposure

Has anyone experienced severe breathing problems along with pain and tightness of the chest? I cleaned a shed wearing gloves, goggles and a mask, but everysince I have suffered? Any treatment or help in this matter would be appreciated??? I am going to a pulmonary doctor soon, wish me luck??

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Maybe on your clothes? I can smell my hubby when he's been doing whatever, wish he'd wear overalls and take them off outside but other people can't understand how serious it is for us.
Hope the doc does understand and has something useful to say.

Mark

I've moved this thread to the 'Addressing Sensitivities' forum as it seems to fit better here. Could go under general discussion if you prefer...or in one of the Symptoms forums when we split that into sub-sections...

That can come from elevated TGF-beta which can happen after mold exposure. It can cause "remodeling" in the lungs. Or also from cutting down circulation.

I'm under the impression it's a protective response that the body does to try to limit the damage from mold from cutting down on how much of it you breathe in.

I found that chewing fresh organic rosemary was helpful on the occasions that happened to me. It's anti-inflammatory and antifungal. And stopping getting exposed.

Thanks for the info....I will never clean anything with mold on it again...because today I went to help the lady groom my dog because is the dog is older and scared....I almost pasted out and sweating from the dog hair....never had the problem before getting exposed to the mold....I want to find a mold doctor that takes insurance...does anyone know of one that would take insurance??