• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain fog after recovering from Covid could be PTSD?

Dan_USAAZ

Brain fog after recovering from Covid could be from PTSD. Thoughts? I personal think this sounds suspicious 😒

In my opinion, this sounds like total BS! They appear to be trying to do the same thing to long covid as they have done to CFS over the last 3+ decades. Trying to make it a psychological/psychiatric disorder.

Last edited:

HABS93

It won't work. The symptoms will get worse with there meds and they will have to dig deeper. I remember when I first got sick they told me it was depression then anxiety until I lost it and told the doctor to stop sucking off the big pharma companies and do you f ing job

wonderoushope

It won't work. The symptoms will get worse with there meds and they will have to dig deeper. I remember when I first got sick they told me it was depression then anxiety until I lost it and told the doctor to stop sucking off the big pharma companies and do you f ing job
I personally feel the researchers have an invested interest in blaming PSTD 💰 grab. New clients 😕

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
In my opinion, this sounds like total BS! They appear to be trying to do the same thing to long covid as they have done to CFS over the last 3+ decades. Trying to make it a psychological/psychiatric disorder.

Isn't that what they always do? They default to it.

It's the chicken or the egg argument all over again i.e. which came first the physical illness then the mental issues or the mental issues then the physical? However, they won't even vaguely consider the first case as that would mean they would need to believe the patient and do some actual work to get the patient better. Instead they default to MENTAL and hurry on to their next patient.

BrightCandle

The same quacks that delayed research into ME/CFS for decades are once again at it trying to do the same to those new sufferers from Covid-19. This time however rather than a very small percentage of people we could be looking at a massive global health crisis of nearly double digit percentages of working age people. All those people going onto disability and the medical profession has no treatments at all other than ones that make it worse is going to collapse nation budgets long after a vaccine. The quacks have been winning for 70 years I am not confident they will win this time however because the research is finally showing some genuine problems that could be the cause of the symptoms and with these new patients we know what triggered it, there is zero confusion about what and when.

Blue Jay

The quacks have been winning for 70 years I am not confident they will win this time however because the research is finally showing some genuine problems that could be the cause of the symptoms and with these new patients we know what triggered it, there is zero confusion about what and when.
I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head, @BrightCandle.

Rufous McKinney

I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head, @BrightCandle.

yes...yet I just had another one of those- bizarre conversations with my husband- in which he starts arguing YEAH PTSD. It took me ten minutes of raising my blood pressure to- get him to understand- that we are discussing physical illness, and that his broken knee- is a physical problem and he now says He has PTSD because his knee is a huge mess. That PTSD did not cause his knee problem. :yuck::yuck::yuck::sluggish::xpem: