• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog with some news of Dr Mikovits.

Tony Mach

Show me the evidence.
"My current situation is horrendous and while I can say that I did not expect a bed of roses when I started working in the CFS community, knowing full well how other scientists and physicians have been treated poorly, I did not expect to be jailed. If this can happen to me without any wrongdoing, it can happen to anyone in the field and we all must stick together and make certain that our government knows that neither the patients nor the physicians/scientists find this acceptable. Dr. Judy Mikovits, 12/27/11
Dr. Mikovits still fails to understand she was employed at the WPI and everything she took was property of the WPI. Dr. Mikovits most probably has a right to a copy of her work related documents, but she had no right of taking them. Taking stuff from your employer is usually considered theft. It's categorical remarks like this ("without any wrongdoing") that let me doubt the judgement of Dr. Mikovits. No, she could have said a "misunderstanding" or a "communication problem", but no, Dr. Mikovits claims she did nothing wrong. It is always the others fault. Her lawyers clearly stated that she has returned the material she had it. While she had them she claimed she didn't had them (what I consider lying, YMMV). And after returning them she claims she did nothing wrong.

Wow.

I need to try that at my next employer, take work related stuff, wait to get a court order to return the material, ignore it and end up in jail Then I'll huff and puff about how this an outrage, this could happen to anyone working at my employer and that this is unacceptable behaviour by my employer.

Freaking Un. Be. Liev. Able.