• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best mcas treatement to ask for in uk

Hopeful1976

Hi
I know I suffer with mcas. I'm in the UK and am unaware of what treatment to try. I just listened to Ron Davis's New Zealand radio podcast which mentioned that there are treatments for mcas which can really help. Can anyone point me to info about this? Which anti histamine is best (if this the med on offer).
I am now intolerant to so many foods/things I react from anything to shampoo to washing powder to tomatoes! (blocked nose, head pressure, breathing and chest issues ect ect). Can anyone help? I also am very gut centred with my m.e

Blake2e

Start off with basic OTC antihistamines like Claritin, Allergra, and Zyrtec (look for Kirkland brand, much cheaper).

Try to find an Allergist/Immunologist to get an official diagnosis and to have someone you can work with.

Remi

Dr Gall in London. Are you on Twitter? I know someone there who has meds for MCAS now and is doing better. Pm me if you want to know her handle.

kangaSue

A couple of supplements to try in the mix are DAO and quercetin. H2 (acid blockers) such as ranitidine and either ketotifen (compounding pharmacies can usually supply this) or cromolyn sodium as mast cell stabilizers