• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Been treated with rapamune/rapamycin? Help the Drs Light collect case studies

Sasha

Fine, thank you
From Cort's very interesting account of the recent OMF symposium at Stanford:

Cort said:
Doctor Alert! – During a break Alan and his wife, Kathleen Light, made a plug for rapamycin, (rapamune) case reports in ME/CFS. Several accounts of ME/CFS patients doing better on Rapamune have been making the rounds. The Light’s dearly want those case studies to get written up in the scientific literature. That’s all they need to provide the foundation they need to get Rapamune studied in ME/CFS
MeSci said:
Putting rapamycin in a search here produces a huge number of hits.
Sasha said:
@Cort, can patients who've been treated with rapamycin help with this by contacting their doctors and asking them to contact the Lights? Or writing to the Lights and asking them to contact their doctors? If so, you might want to start a new thread with that call to action. (You might want to check with the Lights first! :))

I would think that would be a good idea. :)