• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone who has had a SPECT scan

Aerose91

I'm so sorry @Aerose91. So, do you have any clue what might have happened to you? Infection? Carbon monoxide poisoning? Have you tried gingko?

I got encephalitis which is what triggered the M.E. However, I don't have an explanation as to why this disease is effecting my brain so much more severely than my body. Just lucky I guess.

I have heard a lot about Ginko lately and I think that is going.to be the next thing I try, I am also about to embark on the PK Protocol in hopes that I will see some improvement.

What is your status?

Ooooooh me @Aerose91???? Currently housebound... Room bound really. Was bedridden and paralyzed for a year. Some things have improved. I can paint again. Just painted my profile icon, but my energy is close to obsolete. I don't feel like my situation is a typical CFS picture. I didn't start being sick with a virus or flu.... I feel like my endocrine system and HPA axis dysfunction are major players for me. And somehow I managed to herniate two disks in my neck while sick, one of which is pressing on my spinal cord severely. Lots of crazy extra symptoms from that.

hixxy

No, I haven't seen a neurologist who will give me the time of day- since my MRIs were normal they told me to see a psychiatrist because "your SPECT scan will change if you have a bad hair day". I don't have it in me to argue

I know this is an old thread, but this reminds me of when I took my SPECT results to a neurologist. She didn't even want to look at them. Didn't have a very high opinion of SPECT scans at all.

I've subsequently never really had a proper interpretation of my SPECT.