• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried finasteride, dutasteride or minoxidil?

ChookityPop

While being sick with me cfs?

Im beginning to be a little scared of losing my hair. Its a little thin But I think with Microneedling and one of those three medications I could Save it and maybe make it better too.

but Im scared of the bad side effects like post finasteride syndrome etc. though that is supposedly super rare.

would appreciate some thoughts on this. It feels good to like look good and feel good about How we look Even though we feel shitty all the time 😅

While being sick with me cfs?

Im beginning to be a little scared of losing my hair. Its a little thin But I think with Microneedling and one of those three medications I could Save it and maybe make it better too.

but Im scared of the bad side effects like post finasteride syndrome etc. though that is supposedly super rare.

would appreciate some thoughts on this. It feels good to like look good and feel good about How we look Even though we feel shitty all the time 😅

I have been on finasteride and i have come off it and gone back on it. I not great at reordering it sometimes. I have had no issues and only a very small amount of healthy people do have side effects. as someone with me/cfs it hasn't affected me but everyone is different. me/cfs affects people in slightly different ways. so as far as a survey of one goes i can say i have had no issues. :)

EddieB

Ive taken a small amount daily for prostate enlargement for several years. I already had me/cfs, so I don’t think it has affected it. I went off it for a while just to see if there was any change, and the prostate symptoms got worse.
So it’s seeming to help with that. Doesn’t appear to be causing problems.