• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone seen Dr Conley in Michigan?

What's your experience?
Is it worth to see him?
What's the cost?
Does he treat OI, does he check for bacterial or viral infections?
Thanks.

Jessie~

Two years ago I spent about two months playing phone tag with him. He left me a message describing the length of time for the initial consultation, doing a lot of testing, then having a follow up after all the results came in. I was having a lot of increased cognitive and communication issues at that time, he did not have a full time receptionist, and the voicemail messages back and forth between us were not getting us anywhere.

It was my lack of money that prevented me from going to see him. I told him up front that I had questions about what he does and if he could help me, but was not sure if I could see him because I didn't know if he accepted my insurance. I had no money to pay for services and cannot afford anything that is not covered by my insurance. My insurance is Medicare and Medicaid.

Between the problems with communication while trying to get some basic answers about what help he offers, and my lack of money to pay for appointments, tests, and treatments, our phone tag ended and I never had an appointment with him.

I'm sorry that I can't give you any specific answers, but I thought it might be worth sharing with you and others my brief experience of my attempt to see Dr. Conley.

kendonoghue

Ken Donoghue
I saw Dr. Conley a few years back. He was off insurance and a natural-path. He didn't really look for a cause; and just went along with a bunch of supplements. It was a waste of time. I'm currently seeing Dr. Karabin and Grubb at UToledo and love them.