• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone here used HIV/AIDS treatment for CFS?

junkcrap50

@junkcrap50 you still on Tenofovir Alafenamide?
No. I was on it for only a short time to see if it had any effect. It was quite expensive. I think it was only on it for -6 months, I think. I didn't notice any effect, positive or negative.

On an aside, it's interesting to see that HERVs (human endogenous retroviruses) have been mentioned in some of the Covid & Long Covid research has gone on. Mostly mentioning it as possible reactivation.

Might be worth mentioning, as I see there's a lot of chat about Truvada. But I saw someone suffering from Long Covid on Twitter saying they getting positive results with truvada.

I had mNGS Metagenomic sequencing and found HERV-K in my blood. This is new in my this time mNGS results. In 2018. 2019I had 3 times mNGS for diagnostic parasites and fungus but no retrovirus during those results.

I confirm I was infected from a lady by a kiss with her.

View attachment 37652

That's interesting. I contracted in the same way. Now wondering if a HERV could be my villain. How much did the testing cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Dude

If i remember correctly from a tweet from the UK conference, Dr Klimas suggested a combination of monoclonal RTX and antivirals as a potential treatment for ME/CFS. Does anybody have more info on this?