• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else feeling frustrated with the research efforts?

valentinelynx

who said that?? I'm just curious about their background.. what they have studies, solved..plus the full remarks from that person would be interesting, too.

As @JES said, reviewers of grant applications and peer-reviewed studies are typically anonymous. Often the applicants can guess who it is, having experience with who tends to be sent grants/papers for their field for review. Probably, having reviewers not be anonymous would be an improvement, because then the reviewers would have to take responsibility for their statements and decisions.

Nanni

@IThinkImTurningJapanese haha it's tapping therapy. I was extremely dubious about it but it's part pyscholigical part physiological. It sort of stops the anxiety response, whilst reordering the mind to think about the issue differently. I find it stops my adrenaline response which means I am not just living on adrenaline. I suspect it only works for milder anxiety, but even if I tap for a few minutes it brings me down. What I notice is that after exertion my body usually goes into a cellular panic anyway, so EFT can stop that forcing it to relax and just be. Which won't sotp a crash, but it might shorten the duration.

As for our future prospects, I guess it depends how long you've been sick, if you've seen one suggestion of progress you've seen them all?

I tried eft once at a Meet Up and it was pretty helpful. I was wondering how you learned to do it. I couldn’t afford to see the counselor for an appointment but I’d like to give it another try.

I’ve gotta say that every now and then i need to scream into my pillow and have a good cry. I find it helps me move on, gets it out of my system. Plus i don’t feel alone having this forum to come to.

Does anyone else find it pretty interesting that the covid virus has so many different symptoms and severity and now subsets like the inflammation disorder little kids are getting. Maybe we’ll get more information about viruses through this horrific pandemic.