• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antioxidant Supplement Worsened General PEM

You're very, very, welcome :) :thumbsup:.

I had to learn to do this kind of careful breakdown early on in my ME/CFS, when I started reacting to absolutely every-effing-thing I was taking, and didn't know why. I'm still reactive to sulfur, which means I can't take B-Comp compounds, or Taurine :(, which is so useful for the anxiety/panic attacks and for sleep, which I also have biiiiig problems with, or several other really helpful and useful things. Damn.

I can't guarantee that you're as reactive to sulfur as I am, but your PEMs made me think of how absolutely wretched I felt early on in all this.... uh.....frolic, after taking my usual morning dose of MSM crystals mixed with warm water, which I'd been taking for years and years, and , your reaction seemed really similar. It took several more years for me to slowly start connecting the dots on a lot of things, not just sulfur.

I know (at least I hope I know) that this is transitory, and eventually, we'll be able to add stuff back, slowly and carefully, until finally, we'll be totally tickity-boo.

Keep on punchin', and onward and upward :rocket:!!! And thank you for the thanks, much appreciated :) :thumbsup:.

No no, thank you for the helpful information. And I wish you the same and everyone else here to keep on punching upwards and beyond :)