• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anticonvulsant effects of the 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid dioxygenase inhibitor NCR-631.

Jackb23

While there are several compounds that have been found to inhibit IDO-1 and/or IDO2, these decrease both the neurotoxic and neuroprotective byproducts within the Kynurenine Pathway (KYNA is Neuroprotective and beneficial in other ways too).
NCR-631 is an inhibitor of 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid dioxygenase which is the last enzyme involved before Quinolinic Acid is formed (Neurotoxic NMDA agonist and Glutamate reuptake inhibitor, amongst other things). After doing some research today, I read that the Kynurenine pathway imposes it’s effects more through glial cells than neurally.

Question now is where can someone find NCR-631.
If through a lab, fabrication of one’s credentials would likely be needed and I don’t think you’d be able to get enough to last. Would also be very expensive.
Don’t know if there is a specific .onion website for research compounds on Tor, but even if there is, the dark web can be a icky place.

Abstract for what I referenced above:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11026503/

Back