• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anger, what you all do?

Anchoress

Well... this might be a bit small minded or petty, but at the moment I am fantasizing about writing letters to some of the docs that gave me especially bad care. I'm not writing to the ones that just didn't have a clue, but the ones that should have known better and still gave me harmful advice. I am even thinking about reporting them to the board of medicine.

On the other hand, I also try to notice when my anger gets too out of hand and unhealthy and then acknowledge that to myself. It doesn't make the anger just magically go away, but it lets me use techniques like meditation or binge watching something until it passes. Because it does pass or at least decrease if I stop fueling it. Then I can make a decision about how I really want to handle the injustice, which I always find is better when not blinded by rage!. :)
re reporting doctors. I did that here in Ireland re a clear case of negligence etc. There were witnesses. And yes related to my illness. There were it transpired other complaints I did not know about,, Result is the dr got put onto part time sheltered work.

Anchoress

I don;t have the energy or even the desire for anger. And remember I had 30 years of misdiagnosis of being mentally ill etc.Lost my career my family... If you are through to a better place, stay there.. The best "revenge" is to quietly succeed and live your life visibly peacefully. Show that you are stronger than them . As you ARE.