• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

And another health care provider reveals they are clueless how CFS/ME works

southwestforests

In my case, the correlation implies marriage was the causation, I got married in June 2005 and during the Christmas retail season was when my CFS symptoms began manifesting
But seriously, that brings up something quite interesting...
Dad had CFS and Fibro.
Kathy was my neighbor and friend for 9 years before we got married.
Kathy had fibromyalgia.
6 months after marrying Kathy which was about 18 months after we began swapping spit,
I end up with both CFS and fibro.
Hmm ..................................................................................

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
This week I got a letter from the department saying, "You're doctor referred you to an electrophysiologist but you have not set the appointment yet." I'm guess that means I can pick one in the group and go but now I'm not sure what questions to ask when I go. Plus, up til now pretty much everything has been coming back normal. I don't want to go through all that just to be told the same thing again.
Oops! Sorry, I seem to have missed this tag. If you haven’t seen the EP yet, I suggest just describing your symptoms. The typical “good” EP would put you in a monitor for a while (ECG, etc.), do a stress test to see how the heart behaves when “pushed” and do an echocardiogram. These tests usually reveal whether symptoms are originating in the heart. Dr. David Systrom takes it a step further with invasive cardio-pulmonary testing (somewhat like Workwell but taking the testing to a deeper level). His results are very interesting as he has found that ME/CFS patients’ hearts behave quite abnormally during exercise. https://ammes.org/2018/07/04/video-...d-brigham-and-womens-hospital-me-cfsalert-98/