• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ampligen Phase II stumbles [2024 Feb 10th]

godlovesatrier

I was holding out hope for ampligen but it seems it may not be working that well in LC patients. However this may not be surprising due to the findings in the recent iwasaki study about responses to vaccine boosters in LC patients. Those with elevated il-6 and possibly other markers didn't respond well to boosters, those without did. So maybe ampligen is making LC worse by boosting something that is causing the LC.

Anyway here's the article: https://www.stocktitan.net/news/AIM...-results-from-phase-2-study-r170z32eboph.html (original link has disappeared this one seems to suggest trial has been a success, unsure why some are reporting it didn't succeed)

The US-based company said that although Ampligen did not meet the primary endpoint, the “initial analysis revealed that subjects in the Ampligen group had experienced lower levels of fatigue at multiple time points during the treatment phase when compared to the placebo group”.
I hope this doesn't mean ampligen never gets to market for ME patients again tho, as that feels like it would be a travesty.

But in other news the US government just injected $550 million dollars of funding into RECOVER - thank god is allI can say! That should at least open up new avenues for actual treatments.

I currently have long covid, whether that is meaningful as I had ME before I don't know but I am hopeful for new treatments. And as I had benefit from some LC antivirals for ME too - I figure it might cure me actually. If covid doesn't damage me first.

Thoughts on the ampligen update?

Last edited:

godlovesatrier

Thanks for the heads up. I've replaced the link but can't find the original. The new one suggests it actually worked! So I don't know why some people are reporting that it didn't work.

Maybe we will have to wait for more info. Be nice if it actually does work tbh!